We may need information from some of the sites we use when we are not able to access the Internet or when we are away from home. Also, if you visit a frequently updated website, you may want to save it. It is important to download those pages when you have the Internet to avoid difficulties. Also, you can download the contents on a webpage like images, HTML pages, and more. In this guide, we are talking about how to download web pages for offline use.
There are several ways you can use it. Using some of these you can download a webpage as individual pages, and some of these can even download the entire website. Read these all and choose the tool you want.
1. Using a Web Browser
Using this method, you can download page with the backend contents include images, CSS files, HTML files, and more. This is very easy to do. Follow these steps.
- Open a browser and go to any webpage you want.
- Right-click on it and click on the ‘Save as’ option on the list. (or Ctrl + S)
- Choose a location and click the save button. (Don’t change the ‘save as type’ section. Make sure it is on the ‘Web Page, Complete’ option)
Here I downloaded a page.
2. Using HTTracks
HTTracks is an open-source and free tool, and it is the best and popular tool to download the website. This is special because you can download an entire website from link to link with contents using it. HTTracks is available for Windows, Linux and Android operating systems. You can download the HTTrack from this link. Download
Here I installed HTTracks on my Windows computer.
- Click the Next button.
- Put a name for your project and select a path and click the next button.
- Then add the URL list you want to download and click the next button.
- At the next window, you can config some settings. After then click the finish button to start the process.
- It will take a few minutes to complete.
❗ Don’t download a lot of content at once. Doing so may block your IP address on the site.