The context menu is the menu that appears when you right-click on something on the computer. For example, in the Windows operating system, when you right-click on a folder, a menu will appear with several options such as Rename, Delete, Send to. This is what is called the context menu. When you have a large amount of software installed on your computer, some unwanted options would be added to that menu and extended. In this guide, we are talking about how to customize the context menu in windows 10 operating system.
How to customize the context menu in windows 10
The disadvantage is that the Windows operating system itself does not have a way to customize the context menu. So, you should have to download a third-party application for this. This guide mentions two of the trusted applications that can be recommended for that. Read everything and choose the one that suits you.
1. Easy Context Menu
Easy Context Menu application is designed to modify the context menu only. So I took this as the first application on the list. This is a free and lightweight application, and you can use this link to download that application.
- Download and run the easy context menu application. If it downloaded as a zip folder, extract it first.
- Once opened the application, go the File menu and choose the ‘Context Menu Cleaner‘ option. Or you can use the CTRL + X shortcut.
- In the context menu bar, you can identify which menu the option belongs to. For example, File and Folder and Directory are the options in the menu that appears when you right-click on a folder or file. You can remove them by removing the right mark from the checkboxes.
CCleaner is a popular application that supports a variety of purposes. It also allows you to customize the context menu. Go to this link to download CCleaner to your computer.
- Run the CCleaner application and select the tools section in the left pane.
- Go to the ‘Startup‘ option and switch to the ‘Context menu‘ tap.
- Identify the options you don’t need and disable them one by one.
Read Also: How to use Windows PowerToys – iHackPc.com.